We can help if you:

    Are being investigated or prosecuted for an animal related offence
    Have had a dog seized by the police;
    Require help licensing your animal related business premises.

Police / Local Authority Investigations

You have a right to legal advice and assistance if you are to be interviewed by the police or a local council officer about any animal related offence. In some cases free or means tested legal aid is available to cover the cost of being represented during those interviews.

If you have been asked to attend at an interview contact us now.

We will:

    Arrange for you to be represented at your interview;
    Establish from the investigator exactly what evidence they have to say you committed an offence;
    Provide you with confidential advice about what you should say during the course of your interview;
    Accompany you during that interview.

In some cases being represented may avoid you being arrested or prosecuted for an offence.

If you are arrested and are taken to a police station ask for us or get someone to contact us. We offer a free 24 hour emergency service to those who have been arrested and are in police detention which includes coming to the police station to assist you.

If you have received a Summons or been charged with an offence we can help.

We provide advice, assistance and representation to those who have been charged with an offence and we can also help if you have received a civil summons.

Legal Aid

If you have been charged with an offence you may be eligible for legal aid if you and your partner, if you have one, receive a qualifying benefit or have a joint income before tax of less than £239.90 per week or £12,475.00 per year. You will need to provide details of your benefits and national insurance numbers or three month’s wage slips and bank statements when you contact us if you wish to apply for legal aid.

You can use the enquiry service to send us details of your case and legal eligibility so that we can establish whether you will qualify for legal aid.

Not eligible for legal aid?

We offer a range of payment options and fixed fee services. Please contact us on 0151 480 4061 to discuss

If your dog has been seized by the police we can help.

The police can seize dogs they believe are prohibited dogs because they are a “Pit Bull” type or another prohibited dog.

Under the current law the police may return your dog even if it is a prohibited type provided that you agree to abide by the scheme under which prohibited dogs may exempted from the ban on owning or keeping such a dog. The court may order the return of a dog to you even if it is a prohibited dog if the court believes the dog will not cause a risk to public safety provided it is subjected to certain conditions.

We can provide you with the help and representation you need to give your dog the best chance your dog the best chance of being returned home by:

    Arranging for your dog to be assessed by an expert where you dispute that it is a prohibited type:
    Arranging for your dog’s behaviour to be assessed to show that it would not create a risk to public safety:
    Arranging for your home to be assessed to ensure you can provide a secure and safe environment to keep your dog:
    Helping you collect all the evidence you need to prove that your dog does not present a risk to public safety:
    Presenting your case to court.

Appeals against destruction orders

Act now – you only have 21 days to appeal against the order to prevent your dog being put to sleep.

We can help even if you were not represented in the magistrates’ court. Please contact us urgently by telephone with details of the court that made the order and the date the order was made. Please be ready to send the papers that the police provided to you to us by email or in the post.



Do The Police Wish To Seize Your Dog?